Stay tweeting an occasion retains your followers engaged and knowledgeable of occasions they need to attend in individual however, for no matter motive, might not be capable of.
Consider it as a information report of an occasion. Because the “reporter,” you maintain the ability to convey all the data your followers need to hear.
And if you achieve this at an occasion that’s related to them, you’ll see them have interaction extra with you.
They could even begin to view you as a supply for trade information.
Whether or not you’re hosting an event otherwise you’re headed to at least one, we need to show you how to out.
Under we’ve included our greatest ideas for reside tweeting an occasion, together with examples and greatest practices.
Why do you have to reside tweet?
Stay tweeting may also help companies increase model consciousness, improve engagement, or draw consideration to an occasion or marketing campaign in actual time.
Why? Easy: Individuals flip to Twitter for large occasions.
From breaking information about pure disasters to the finale of an epic tv present, we reside tweet issues to expertise them with another person.
But it surely wasn’t simply Home Stark fans that had been reside tweeting about Recreation of Thrones. Brands from around the world jumped in with witty anecdotes, response GIFs, and unique content material.
This helped them get the eye of latest audiences, whereas offering enjoyable, participating content material for his or her present followers.
Doing the identical on your model boosts engagement and attracts in new followers. And if you reside tweet an occasion you’re producing, you will have the chance to advertise and produce extra consciousness to your model than ever earlier than.
The best way to reside tweet an occasion: 6 tricks to success
Whether or not it’s a convention you’re attending or the halftime present of a significant sporting occasion, reside tweeting requires simply as a lot technique and experience as your long-term social media plans.
To assist, listed below are 6 ideas for efficiently reside tweeting an occasion.
1. Put together earlier than the occasion
Numerous issues occur at even the smallest occasions — and it’s your job to maintain up with all of it.
Fortunately, Twitter is a good platform for breaking information and documenting occasions in actual time. However that additionally means it's worthwhile to sustain or danger falling behind.
Put together beforehand to ensure you’re able to act shortly and keep related whilst you reside tweet your occasion. This helps you keep organized because the occasion strikes on, and helps you getting overwhelmed and bursting right into a puddle of tears and nervousness (we’ve all been there).
Just a few items of recommendation that will help you put together:
- Do your analysis. Be sure you know the names (and how one can spell them correctly) and the Twitter handles of everybody concerned with the occasion. Take into consideration any questions your viewers might have in regards to the occasion and put together solutions, you probably have them.
- Create picture templates. These will can help you flip round content material from the occasion as shortly as doable. Make templates for photographs (876 x 438 pixels) that embody the occasion hashtag, your emblem, or different visible belongings and use them to create content material based mostly on images or quotes from the occasion.
- Arrange separate streams. In case you use a social media administration device like Hootsuite, you possibly can arrange two streams in your dashboard. One might be for all content material that makes use of the official hashtag of the occasion you’re reside tweeting (extra on that later) and the second might be for a Twitter checklist you’ve created of all of the related folks concerned within the occasion. Whether or not it’s the nominees and performers of an awards present or the audio system at a convention, organising a stream for this checklist will make sure you don’t miss a single Tweet from crucial folks on the occasion.
- Craft just a few tweets earlier than the occasion. If you recognize the schedule of occasions already, create just a few tweets about issues you recognize will occur. Will a well-known speaker go on at 3pm? Create a tweet for that. Will they announce a launch of a product within the morning? Create a tweet for that too!
Stay tweeting could be hectic. Make it much less hectic by getting ready beforehand.
2. Be able to react
Because the saying goes, “The perfect laid plans of mice and males typically go awry.”
You could possibly have the whole lot meticulously deliberate out however surprising issues occur.
Stay occasions all the time have moments in them that nobody can predict. When that occurs, you might need to overlook about some beforehand deliberate tweets and pictures, and run with one thing else.
Lean into the chaos. Capitalize on it whereas reside tweeting and informing your viewers of what’s happening. They’ll love you for it.
You may even do that with occasions that don’t essentially have something to do along with your model.
One nice instance of a reside tweeting occasion comes from No Identify Manufacturers. Although they supply generic grocery and family merchandise for his or her prospects, they determined to reside tweet the Emmys—a lot to everybody’s delight.
Try the weird tweet stream beneath.
i'll now live-tweet the emmys
— no identify (@NoNameBrands) September 22, 2019
Their response and commentary on the evening’s occasions had been unscripted, hilarious, and all written of their daring, unique brand voice.
All this even though they didn’t know what was going to occur on the Emmys.
three. Create a hashtag
Making a branded hashtag permits your followers to simply observe and preserve up-to-date along with your reside tweets.
For instance, the Academy of Movement Image Arts and Sciences makes use of the hashtag #oscars for his or her annual Academy Awards present.
— The Academy (@TheAcademy) February 25, 2019
And in case you’re reside tweeting an occasion you’re not internet hosting, you possibly can nonetheless faucet into engagement through the use of the occasion’s hashtag.
Right here’s an instance from Olympian Usain Bolt tweeting through the 2016 Summer time Olympics in Rio De Janeiro utilizing the hashtag #Rio2016.
— Usain St. Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) August 20, 2016
In case you go the latter route, ensure you know what the official hashtag is, in addition to every other hashtags that will come into play.
In case you’re making a hashtag for an occasion you’re internet hosting, bear in mind to maintain it quick. Make it straightforward to recollect and you'll want to verify if anybody is utilizing it already.
Professional-tip: Arrange a stream in Hootsuite to trace the hashtag, and you'll want to use it in each Tweet you ship. Preserve a watch out for any rising hashtags that begin gaining recognition through the occasion that is perhaps related on your model to begin utilizing.
four. Combine it up
Certain, you possibly can submit a photograph of your occasion right here or there. You would possibly even add in a splash of commentary on a speaker’s discuss. However wouldn’t or not it's extra fascinating in case you modified issues up?
Various kinds of content material higher engages and entertains your followers.
Listed here are some good examples of the sorts of tweets you can also make:
- Quotes from audio system or presenters.
- Solutions to questions folks might need utilizing your occasion hashtag
- Questions or polls a few subject associated to the occasion
- Pictures from the occasion utilizing your picture templates
- Movies of behind-the-scenes footage, or updates from the occasion
- Retweets of occasion audio system, presenters, or performer
- Retweets of humorous or insightful feedback in regards to the occasion from different Twitter customers.
Be aware: In case you’re planning on posting images or movies from the occasion, ensure you have the correct consent and authorization to take action.
In case you want extra assist arising with tweets, take a look at our content idea cheat sheet for inspiration.
5. Make each Tweet depend
At all times be considered about what you tweet, even when issues are shifting quick.
It may be straightforward to sacrifice high quality with a purpose to get content material out as quick as doable. Struggle towards that feeling, and ensure you’re solely tweeting issues your followers care about.
Be selective in regards to the quotes or insights you select to tweet and solely submit high-quality images and movies.
Nobody desires to see a blurry picture of a speaker in a darkish room, or a video with terrible sound high quality. Keep in mind: you’re making an attempt to assist folks really feel like they're truly attending the occasion with you.
Cision did a very good job of selecting a robust picture whereas reside tweeting throughout a social media convention hosted by Ragan.
— Cision (@Cision) March 11, 2016
Be certain so as to add loads of context to what you’re tweeting. For instance, point out the speaker’s identify when together with a photograph or video of them. Perhaps even embody a hyperlink to their bio web page or web site.
Ensuring each Tweet you submit is helpful, entertaining, instructional, or helpful may show you how to achieve new followers. As folks search the occasion hashtag, they’ll discover your content material, and should select to observe you in the event that they discover it fascinating and helpful sufficient.
6. Wrap it up and repurpose it
One of many nice issues about reside tweeting is the plethora of content material it might offer you as soon as the occasion is completed.
Once you’re completed, collect your entire greatest tweets from the occasion right into a weblog submit and share it along with your followers. Or repost screenshots of them to your Instagram Tales.
You may as well use any movies of audio system as content material to advertise on locations like YouTube or Fb.
Pictures of the occasion or a picture that includes a quote from a speaker are good for platforms like Fb or Instagram, too.
Earlier than live-tweeting, arm your self with the precise instruments. Manage content material into streams, compose and publish Tweets, and observe engagement multi function place—the Hootsuite dashboard. Strive it without spending a dime right this moment!